Your specialized translator’s training in linguistics, law and IT
Certification in Legal Translation from English into French
480-hour online course in law and legal translation by CI3M/Edvenn.
- Definition and legal language
- Legal families
- Legal translation methodology
- Legal documentation
Common Law Countries
- Key concepts in the main branches of law
- Common law and equity
- Legal professions
Types of Documents
- Judicial decisions
- Agreements (sale, rental, employment and licensing agreements, articles of association)
- Deeds (estates, wills, deeds of sale)
- International law
- International commercial law
- International criminal law
- National concepts
M.A. in Applied Language
M.A. in translation, foreign languages, applied linguistics and computer science at the University of Toulon, France (Summa cum laude).
Three internships as English <> French translator and proofreader at two translation agencies specializing in legal documents.
- English <> French translation in the fields of law and corporate communication.
- Personal project: translated documents relating to submarines (English <> French).
- German <> French translation (non-specialized).
- Professional communication in English (non-specialized).
- Professional communication in German in the field of tourism.
- Electives: Italian, Russian.
- Natural language processing; corpus linguistics; documentary and information retrieval; terminology; and computer-aided and automated translation.
- Group project: wrote a report on tools for corpus analysis.
- Programming (Python); databases and spreadsheets (PhpMyAdmin, Access, Excel); advanced use of MS Word (formatting and macros); and website creation (HTML and CSS).
- Personal project: designed and programmed a Python computer-assisted translation tool.
B.A. in English
University of Toulouse II
- Translation: literature and news articles, from and into French.
- English: grammar; linguistics, phonetics, and oral communication.
- Commonwealth: the UK, the US, and Canada.
- Classic English literature: novels, plays, and poems.
- Electives: Spanish, website creation (HTML and CSS), mathematics.
- Translation: terminology; literary translation from French into English; scientific translation from English into French; and computer-aided and automated translation.
- Other: 20th century North American literature; Shakespeare; Native American history; and Spanish.
Accélérateur by TVT Innovation
- Business model
- Value proposition
- Market knowledge
- Environment and competition
- Innovating within constraints
- Pre-MVP & MVP
- Communication strategy
- Financial management
Small Business Entrepreneur Diploma
Diploma in project management at CNAM Marseille, France.
- Business intelligence
- Line management
- Marketing & communication
- Personal development
- Project management
- Skills management
Contracts and Legal Translation
- Les négociations contractuelles : regards pratiques et théoriques, conference by ATGC
- Law for Non-Lawyers, week 1 dedicated to contracts, Monash University via FutureLearn
- Rédaction de contrats, University of Geneva via Coursera
- A Systematic Approach to Translating Contracts into English, via eCPD
- Contracts and Contract Formation for Legal Translators, via eCPD
- English Legal System for Legal Interpreters and Translators, via eCPD
- Specialising in Legal Translation, via eCPD
- The Perils of Translating International Contracts, via eCPD
- La traduction des contrats : conventions de rédaction et précision rédactionnelle, via SFT
Information Technology Law
- Droit du numérique : smart cities, intelligence artificielle & blockchain, conference by AFDIT
- Le droit face aux défis de la sécurité informatique, conference by AFDIT
- Les entretiens Portalis : droit et numérique, conference by EDA Sud Est
- Protection des données personnelles et Sécurité nationale : quelles garanties juridiques dans l’utilisation du numérique ?, conference by UMR DICE
- Understanding the GDPR, University of Groningen via FutureLearn
- Many webinars on the General Data Protection Regulation (in French and English)
- La place de la Cour d’appel de Paris dans le droit de la propriété intellectuelle, conference by AFDIT
- Propriété intellectuelle et numérique : nouvelles questions, nouveaux enjeux, conference by AFDIT
- Protection, défense et valorisation des innovations et des créations, via TVT Innovation
- Law for Non-Lawyers, week 4 dedicated to IP, Monash University via FutureLearn
- Intellectual Property for Translators, via eCPD